Matt Butcher – Cominius & Pandarus
2) What was your fist experience of theatre?
Seeing Kate O’Mara from Dr Who/Dynasty in 1982 on stage in Taming Of The Shrew in Nottingham
3) Who is your biggest theatrical hero?
Judi Dench, Ian McKellen and Simon Russell-Beale.
4) What are you most looking forward to in the process and performance of Troilus & Cressida and Coriolanus?
Seeing/hearing the audience reaction after they have seen both pieces.
5) What was the best piece of theatre you have seen this year?
I really liked ‘Charles III’ at the Almeida and ‘Great Britain’ at the NT but loved Gillian Anderson in ‘A Streetcar Named Desire’ (I was a real X-Files nerd!).
6) What Shakespearian role would you most like to play next?
Richard III or Timon Of Athens or Henry VIII or King John……hmmm……so many to choose from!
7) Who would you say is the biggest influence in your life?
There are too many to mention only one…..my Nana, my parents, my three sisters and my other half.
8) If you had to be a cake, what cake would you be and why?
A french Mille Feuilles…..initially quite plain looking but very sweet and with many layers.
9) If you wanted one thing for an audience to get out of Our World at War rep what would it be and why?
That history has a habit of repeating and that all the issues and problems of Shakespeare’s time still resonate with us today and that all it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing.
10) We are playing with the idea of both plays are games, what’s your favourite board game and why?
Cluedo because I love a good puzzle.