1) What’s your name and where do you come from?
My name is Elizabeth Hollingshead and I grew up in Wiltshire.
2) Who do you play?
3) What were your first impressions of the project?
First impressions – creative, fun, current, political.
4) What has been the highlight of the project so far?
Highlight so far- the singing. Bobbys score is fabulous.
5) What’s the most challenging part of the process?
Challenge- attempting to be a triple threat! Singing dancing and acting at once is not easy!
6) What are you most looking forward to in the remainder of the project?
Looking forward to tech to see Sorcha’s design for the play and it’s visual impact.
7) Who is your biggest inspiration?
Inspired by strong classical women- Harriet Walter, Juliet Stevenson, Glenda Jackson, Michelle Terry.
8) What is your favourite musical of all time?
It’s a close call between West side story and Into The Woods!
9) If you could play any role in a musical, (other than the one you are playing in The Beggar’s Opera) what would it be and why?
Probably the Witch in Into The Woods because she is wonderful and she has some beautiful solos.
10) The Beggar’s Opera is all about chancers and opportunity, a ‘Live-for-today’ kind of attitude, if you could give one piece of advice to your younger self or to anyone else what would it be?
My advice to my younger self would be to stop caring so much about your appearance and what others think! People worth keeping close will see past any facade. And also never to drink vodka neat.